Monday, March 31, 2014

Summertime of Our Lives

As we enter the season of Summer 2014, I was reflecting on how to make the most of it. 

As I look at my checklist, it seems that I am missing something! I already had my DSLR camera, my travel bag and it's corresponding essentials, swimming cloths and sunblock lotion, travel maps and itineraries, confirmation and reservation tickets (plane, hotel, etc.)... what else do I need?

What makes traveling more relaxing and memorable is having the right songs on your playlist. I have an ipod shuffle with me which is very convenient since it small and chic. I usually update my playlist with an up-beat music to keep me active during the long road travel, so as not to be bored. I also keep a soft mellow music to relax me during the night or while going sentimental looking at a sunset view over the horizon.

If you traveling with a group, choosing the right music for the van's stereo would make or break your journey. It can also set the mood inside the van while travelling. You may need familiar songs that all of you grew-up with, although some cheesy songs can also do the trick to break-the-ice and have some laugh-trip.

Here are some of the "Tagalized" Pop Hits that you might consider:
  • Payong - Miss Ganda (Umbrella by Rihanna)
  • Susan Africa - Rex Kantatero and Pakito Jones (Waka Waka by Shaira)
  • May Isa Na Namang Kumagat sa Alikabok - Micheal V. (Another One Bites the Dust by Queen)
  • Filipino Foods - Don Angelo (California Gurls by Katy Perry)
  • Bathroom Dance - Michael V. (Bad Romance by Lady Gaga)

Reference: Complete list and music videos is available at this link http://www.spot.ph/entertainment/48731/top-10-funniest-tagalized-songs

As for my choice, my favorite is Yoyoy Villame and his famous Filipino folk melodies that made him legendary and made him as the "King of Philippine Novelty Songs." His 1977 wonder song was a big hit, an anthemic "Mag-exercise Tayo" is a sure hit for all ages. Another of his popular song is "Butse Kik" a non-sense made-up Chinese sounding words with has a catchy melody is so funny and enjoyable to sing with. "Tarzan at Barok" will be an interesting choice also.

Just like TV stations in our country, I select theme-song for my Summer getaway. By doing so, me and my friends can sing-along with the song and all get fired-up with our travel. This can also be a source of association after my travel...that every time I get to hear this song, all memories can just flow-back to my consciousness. 

As for my Summer 2014, I choose A1-Summertime of Our Lives, this song was released way back the year 1999 but still very catchy to me. I just love to listen to good old 90's music. The video is also very beautiful to watch too, and I also wanted to try swimming with dolphin...It seems to be very fun! 

Enjoy the video below! and have a Summertime of Your Life! #summer2014

No comments:

Post a Comment